Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added


Credit Bureau Office

Your Ad Here

Jane Said:

Is there a Local Credit Bureau Office in Orange County, SOCAL where you can receive a copy or your report?

We Answered:

Once a year, no credit card required (it's free) and immediate.

Andrew Said:

Have you ever disputed items on your credit file?

We Answered:

You have the right to send a procedural request to the bureaus.

611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. ? 1681i] (7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)((iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.[/quote]


[quote](6)((iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available[/quote]

But........ you will probably get about as far with this as you did with your dispute. Though it will come in handy if you file FTC complaints, including that you had asked for the PR. Then redispute with the bureaus including your FTC complaints.

The bureaus rarely do anything when you dispute.
So, you file an FTC complaint.
The FTC won't do anything.
But, you redispute with the bureaus showing that you had filed an FTC dispute on them and the odds may rise in your favor of them complying.

After all, the bureaus feel they must maintain their 85% error rate.

Or, just start a letter campaign to GMAC requesting that they remove the late themselves.

Lucille Said:

Is this legal? Child support reporting to the Credit Bureau?

We Answered:

In all of the states that I've looked into, they can ONLY put it onto your credit report if you are BEHIND. And it has to be a certain dollar amount. They can't put on there future support that they expect you to pay, because child support amounts can be changed every 3 years & sooner in other cases. So at one point in time you could end up owing 7k from now until 18, & then a few months later it could only be 2k or even 18k. Here in OH, it's 1K or 1 years worth behind, or they aren't allowed to put it on your credit report. Some of the other states I've looked at say approx. the same thing. Where are you? TX maybe? Not sure about that state, but I'm pretty darn sure that they CAN'T put it on there until you are behind. As someone else mentioned it could be a part of the public record section, but I doubt it. Because child support records are NOT public records. Especially NOT the amount that you owe or pay each month. It's not easy to find out if someone has to pay child support without being a part of that case.

Reginald Said:

credit bureau of louisana?

We Answered:

cheeseburger cheeseburger pepsi pepsi!!

Leon Said:

I need to know if someone can report to credit bureau 6 years after it was owed? I never knew I even owed.?

We Answered:

You can use credit repair agency to fix your it - for example this one - - They can clean lots of such bad stuff from your credit report - and do it much faster than yourself, so your credit will go up fast. Your Ad Here

Discuss It!